Sunday, June 26, 2011

"No, no you really don't have to fly out from UTAH TO TEXAS JUST TO TAKE ME OUT".... And yet he insisted. I told him I was liberal, I told him not to feel obligated, I had put him off for two months now, and here I was out of excuses. This person whom I had never met, but whom my friend had insisted I needed to give a shot, had not given up - as I had hoped, when I had left the state and driven hundreds of miles to a new one.

"So, Thursday it is then?" And I hesitated. I was cornered. I consented; after all he had been persistant for 2 months. My curiousity was peeked. But then so are psychotic serial killers, I thought 5 minutes after I had sent the text saying Thursday was fine. What was I doing??

When I pulled up to the airport terminal, I suddenly realized I was not entirely sure what he looked like. "Damn, he could be that guy leaning against the signpost in front of me texting" I thought, and then wished he was. I would send a text, and see how quickly he responded. It seemed to be working, and I got excited, until I recieved a text saying, "I'm coming out the doors to your left". And there was my date.

The plane ride was good, he had slept. He had come prepared for Texas heat in a pair of shorts and a t shirt. We decided on sushi, 2 points for him (I could eat sushi every day every meal if I could).

The most haphazard event was actually caused by me, as I turned down a one way street - my GPS can be confusing at times. But other than that the date was suprisingly enjoyable and non serial killerous. We had a lot in common, and he was funny. Another two points for him, as it made the conversation fun and enjoyable. We had a really good time actually.

Not that I have any intention of returning the favor and flying to Utah... Like ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment